Tuesday, June 12, 2012



There's a new art exhibit at my (Camille's) workplace. Juan, the building manager, taught lithography and portraiture to some residents of a local homeless shelter. The exhibit is compiled of self-portraits by people who were formerly homeless. It's exquisitely done by each individual artist.

This started making me think of Victor and his big heart. Vic isn't artistic like Juan is--but his heart is just as big. He does so much to recognize, honor, and respect people. Even the homeless ones that we choose not to look at. Victor sees them and offers to help them. Sometimes we get taken advantage of (one time a lady said her car was broken down and needed $5 for gas, we found her smoking a cigarette and laughing with friends in the same spot 2 hours later). 

I feel really blessed to be with someone who's so humble and compassionate towards others. It's a wonderful feeling to know that we're in a Christian relationship that understands pouring out Christ's love to those in need while also taking time away from it all to pray and prepare ourselves.

I'm a small bit sorry for leaving all my feelings in this update. I just wanted to let you know how thankful I am for Victor. We've learned so much from each other and how we observe and serve God. The best part is that there's still more to learn and more to grow.

Love you fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment